Oregon Outback International
Retrograde
2024-03-17 09:19:19 UTC
From the «hopefully no wifi signal either» department:
Feed: Hacker News: Newest
Title: The Oregon Outback International Dark Sky Sanctuary
Author: lisper
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 18:59:35 -0400
Link: https://www.hereisoregon.com/experiences/2024/03/oregon-outback-is-now-the-largest-dark-sky-sanctuary-in-the-world.html

Article URL: https://www.hereisoregon.com/experiences/2024/03/oregon-outback-is-
now-the-largest-dark-sky-sanctuary-in-the-world.html[1]

Comments URL: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=39709981[2]

Points: 321

# Comments: 84

Links:
[1]: https://www.hereisoregon.com/experiences/2024/03/oregon-outback-is-now-the-largest-dark-sky-sanctuary-in-the-world.html (link)
[2]: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=39709981 (link)
JAB
2024-03-20 17:06:29 UTC
Post by Retrograde
Dark Sky
I sort of live in a dark sky area...it does make a difference at
night, especially during cooler Fall/Winter months with low relative
humidity.

Local small town sits in a "hole" so its lights has little effect
where I live, some ten miles away. When they turn on stadium lights
for games, this affects star viewing.
Johanne Fairchild
2024-03-20 22:59:06 UTC
Post by JAB
Post by Retrograde
Dark Sky
I sort of live in a dark sky area...it does make a difference at
night, especially during cooler Fall/Winter months with low relative
humidity.
Local small town sits in a "hole" so its lights has little effect
where I live, some ten miles away. When they turn on stadium lights
for games, this affects star viewing.
That's incredible (not literally, and sad).