'Long colds' are a thing, like long Covid say experts
JAB
2023-10-07 01:34:34 UTC
'Long colds' are a thing, like long Covid say experts

"Long colds" can be a thing in the same way that "long Covid" is, with
some people experiencing prolonged symptoms after an initial
infection, according to a UK study.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-67016985
Retrograde
2023-10-08 00:29:17 UTC
On Fri, 06 Oct 2023 20:34:34 -0500
Post by JAB
'Long colds' are a thing, like long Covid say experts
"Long colds" can be a thing in the same way that "long Covid" is, with
some people experiencing prolonged symptoms after an initial
infection, according to a UK study.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-67016985
Not a surprise I guess. Wonder if it's always been that way, or if
it's an evolution of the disease.
JAB
2023-10-08 01:29:44 UTC
On Sat, 7 Oct 2023 20:29:17 -0400, Retrograde
Post by Retrograde
Wonder if it's always been that way
"The idea that a respiratory virus - or indeed other viral infections
- can cause longer-lasting illness is not new, but the recent Covid
pandemic has brought fresh attention to the phenomenon. "

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-67016985
Michael Trew
2023-10-08 13:38:07 UTC
Post by Retrograde
Wonder if it's always been that way
"The idea that a respiratory virus - or indeed other viral infections
- can cause longer-lasting illness is not new, but the recent Covid
pandemic has brought fresh attention to the phenomenon. "
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-67016985
I figured as such. People are used to the common cold, and no one
"talks" about it. The COVID hysteria will come to pass... COVID is
here to stay.
JAB
2023-10-09 11:10:09 UTC
On Sun, 08 Oct 2023 09:38:07 -0400, Michael Trew
Post by Michael Trew
Post by JAB
"The idea that a respiratory virus - or indeed other viral infections
- can cause longer-lasting illness is not new, but the recent Covid
pandemic has brought fresh attention to the phenomenon. "
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-67016985
I figured as such. People are used to the common cold, and no one
"talks" about it. The COVID hysteria will come to pass... COVID is
here to stay.
On a different note, were these people "reinfected" by an external
source, or did their body not eliminate completely the initial
infection.
==

People who've had Covid at least 5 times describe how the illness
changed with each reinfection

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/covid-5-times-people-describe-illnesses-rcna118132
JAB
2023-10-10 10:23:38 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
Post by JAB
"The idea that a respiratory virus - or indeed other viral infections
- can cause longer-lasting illness is not new, but the recent Covid
pandemic has brought fresh attention to the phenomenon. "
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-67016985
I figured as such.
This has been known for years....I've not explored the VZV topic, but
the reason for its reappearance is unknown to me

"Shingles (herpes zoster) is an infection that causes a painful rash.
It is caused by the varicella-zoster virus (VZV). This is the same
virus that causes chickenpox. After you have chickenpox, the virus
stays in your body. It may not cause problems for many years."